Saturday, February 28, 2009

Food Fights

You might think I'm talking about throwing food at one another. You would be wrong. If you own a couple of teenagers you'd know what I'm talking about. It goes something like this:

"Moooooooom, J. ate all the chocolate chips!"

"He what?" Impossible, that bag was 96 ounces. That would be SIX pounds.

"Look," she says indignantly, as she marches down the stairs into the basement. I'm throwing in the third load of towels for the day.

My daughter is holding up an almost empty bag. He left about 19 chocolate chips behind. I bought that bag right around Christmas.

"J. won't stop eating them and now I don't have enough to make cookies."

I ask J. about it and he confesses that he ate a "few".

"Honey, a handful is a few. SIX pounds is a disgrace. Stop eating the chocolate chips."

"Okay, Mom," he says. He goes back to his room.

"That's it," my daughter asks. "Stop eating them? Aren't you going to ground him?" She obviously thinks I should take this more seriously.

"Yup, that's it. I've told him to stop, he better stop."

"Well," says my daughter, "I'm not giving him any cookies."

She makes her cookies, the smell wafting through the house. J. enters the kitchen, his nose leading the way and spies the cookies. He asks for a cookie. She says no and we're off.

The food fight begins. Again. Ay caramba.

"Moooooom, K. won't give me any cookies!"

No comments:

Post a Comment